Ruxz_M-rbu5hJUPoenSULdy6Wzk The Science of My Life: May is the MONTH of Science in our schools!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May is the MONTH of Science in our schools!

I have been too busy visiting schools this week to stop and write about it.  One of the best parts of May is that teachers have time for FUN!  And I mean Science FUN!  Last Friday, I visited a HS Physics class to play with paper helicopters, magnetic kites, and squishy circuits.  They had just finished launching their rockets, and their next activity is making ice cream in a bag.


On Tuesday, I was able to see Junior High kids get awarded for poems they wrote in conjunction with Arbor Day.  Thanks to a mini-grant from Idaho Forests Products Commission, we had money for prizes and a TREE!

Today, I visited a HS physical science class because students were showing off their simple machine projects.  They were so cool!  Especially my own son's creation..."Locked and loaded." 





Finally, on Friday, the 4th graders will be traveling to Boise and one of their stops will be the Discovery Center.  I am so excited for that trip!!  So you see, while some love Halloween in October or the 4th of July or Thanksgiving in November, I love Science in May!  Especially in Declo!

No comments:

Post a Comment