Ruxz_M-rbu5hJUPoenSULdy6Wzk The Science of My Life: Geology of Southern Idaho CSI Course

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Geology of Southern Idaho CSI Course

I was studying our Fall courses today at the Mini-Cassia Center, and Tim's class really caught my eye.  This is my kind of class, and I am planning to take it.  This is a perfect class for teachers since it is once a week, after school, with no textbook.  Field trips are involved as well.  No brainer!!  Share this class with your colleagues and I will see you in the Geology classroom!

W 4:30 PM-6:50 PM8/27/2012 - 12/20/2012Mini Cassia Center, Mini Cassia Center, B11
Course Description
This course explores the geologic processes that have formed the unique and varied landscape of southern Idaho. The course will examine important events and/or topics related to the geologic development of southern Idaho such as the Yellowstone "hot spot", the 1983 Borah Peak earthquake, recent volcanism in the Snake River Plain, groundwater in southern Idaho, the Bonneville Flood, Ice Age glaciers, and landslides in the Snake River Canyon. The course will include required field trips to local areas of geologic interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment