Ruxz_M-rbu5hJUPoenSULdy6Wzk The Science of My Life: Dian Fossey Google Doodle

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Dian Fossey Google Doodle

This was a beautiful reminder of the life and work of Dian Fossey.  Her movie came out in 1989, and my high school Ecology Club went to see it as a reminder that the little tiny impact we were trying to have in our community could have a ripple effect.  Little did we know that soon her colleague, Dr. Goodall, would visit our high school and dedicate the Ecology Center in April 1989.  The connections and memories made that day have affected hundreds of lives in our community, and it helped shape my life.  I am no where near the mountains of Africa, but I know these women were real and dedicated and determined.  We can show those same qualities where ever our lives lead us.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/16/dian-fossey-google-doodle_n_4609978.html

On a petty side note, I do not believe celebrities should be included with the likes of Fossey, Carson, Goodall, Maathai, Earle, and other conservation and exploration pioneers.  Being arrested for a protest is a far cry from dedicating your life to a different world.   Just my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment